"Accolades For Valor" by Matthew Johnson (1993): "She goes through life, gliding, a benevolent seer/ Stopping constantly to aid those in need, those not even dear/ I, an individual, swept up in the storm/ Of a woman, who, in search of herself, defies the norm/ As I, an outcast, fighting myself, yet daring to believe/ That if I ask her aid and succor (and possibly love) she won’t leave/ Giving her heart, mind and soul to every known cause/ Causing me to look about my selfish malestrom, and in introspection give pause/ For all her words, she won’t write about me, does she fail to perceive/ What the object knows to be true and what make believe—/ Words rarely present, presence much more of one/ Is to wish for more as good as wishing for the sun?/ Energy is precious, as I know well to be true/ And I am curious to know, Lorraine, what I can ask of you/ Names are important, they make us who we are/ Much more important than people give credit, by far/ The masses may cry “Lori!” and let them do so!/ For the numbers who call that cannot understand/ They will never know the Lorraine inside, the one crying to live/ Will be forever frustrated by those whose minds are like a sieve/ There may be those who rob her of her world, let them scratch the skin/ They are as pinpricks to the steel within/ These accolades are not exaggeration, not pretentious/ I Just want you to know that there is at least one who is conscious/ That the world is a better place for the life of a woman named Lorraine."

Saturday, December 06, 1997

Help Yourself

I was just laying there.
How did I become inviting?
Obviously, something
told you to try me.

It only leaves me wondering
what a man thinks;
how the process works;
or was it the drinks?


Well, I'll go into her room
in her house.
I'll crawl into her bed quietly;
I won't be loud.

Later, I'll ask if she minds.
I'll say it's more comfortable

as I recline.
Sure, it's no trouble.

Next, his hand moves up her thigh.
Of course, no kiss
or words exchanged,
but oh, she does miss

being touched; being felt.
He found her weakness.
She'll just melt.

Only words spoken
inquire of protection.
Silence not broken;
no spiritual connection.

I let you go, I guess,
because I wanted to see how
far you would stretch,
and could I allow?

Twice you freed yourself
inside me.
How does yor mind work?
Enlighten me!


December 6, 1997

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home